How Can Geofencing In Roanoke Work With A Security System?
Modern residential security solutions have become increasingly more intelligent. But, unfortunately, you may still forget to do basic security duties like turning on your a home security system, closing the garage, or even securing your front door.
What if you didn’t have to remember doing these things again? When utilizing geofencing in Roanoke, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Roanoke For Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual perimeter along the sides of your house, which you can customize within your cell phone app. This modern home security option then tracks your phone to see when you cross the perimeter and then initiates pre-programmed actions or notifications.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart implements take advantage of to share information with one another. The technology takes smart home devices further by centralizing all elements onto one, unified network. You can then set up specific boundaries along the perimeter of your property and assign particular actions as you move beyond the prearranged border line.
To illustrate, when you leave your driveway, you may instruct your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you return to your house, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even change your your home’s comfort levels.
Here are several of the devices you may command with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics like speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are All Possible With ADT Control
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your property’s security system in Roanoke. When accessing the ADT Control app, you have the ability to make the most of home automation. With just a few taps of the app interface, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to operate at a specific time. Have your lights start to turn down to indicate that it's bedtime, or disengage your home’s alarm the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make specific equipment come alive in response to a triggered event. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan if the fire alarm is set off. Or switch on your hallway lighting when your doorbell camera senses abnormal activity outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that function in harmony together. Have your lights turn off, the thermostat go down, and the locks engage at the end of the day. Or set the mood for movie night with preset light and temperature settings.
● Protect your home with geofencing: It's easy to forget to arm your alarm if you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing capability and your smartphone, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Roanoke
Whether you seek additional certainty of a completely secure residence whenever you leave or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Contact a skilled member of our team today at (540) 212-9084 or submit the form on this page to begin customizing your optimal security system.