How to Get the Most From Your Home Security Cameras In Roanoke
Security cameras can easily be used as a hindrance—something that tells would-be thieves or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can leverage your video surveillance to bolster your home’s defenses.
Fortunately, the latest security cameras come armed with a number of additions all tailor-made to provide comprehensive protection for your home. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording capabilities or infrared night vision and lightspeed motion sensors, these features enable you to get the most from security cameras in Roanoke.
How To Set Up Your Roanoke Video Surveillance For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to optimizing your video surveillance is mounting the components in the proper spots around your home. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in common spots like the kitchen or den. It’s also a good idea to have a camera near main hallways, stairs, or other transitional areas criminals would have to pass to get to the rest of your home. Exterior security cameras ideally afford a clear view of your patio, front walk, and yards, garage, and other exterior separated constructions, like sheds. Then see a view of your main entryway via a discreet doorbell camera.
There are places inside your interior that are less imperative to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Secrecy for you and your family needs to be a major consideration prior to mounting a security device in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion sensors if you desire some type of device in bedrooms.
Additions That Elevate Security Cameras
Camera location is only the beginning in extracting the all you can out of home security cameras in Roanoke. The additions described below help to elevate security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive instant messages on your smart device anytime abnormal motion is detected. You can also configure cameras to start filming when movements are discovered which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your security cameras to capture footage and back up clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- 2-way audio: The majority of today’s security cameras feature a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually chat with people through the camera. Via your security app, you can act like you’re home or talk to your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, allows for a more exhaustive view of an area. Check for cameras that provide a minimum of 120-degree coverage or that have the ability to pan in a wide arc for optimum visibility.
- Night vision: Double check that your video surveillance come with either infrared or LED sensors that can capture footage of night-time movement.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more specific, set up activity zones. For example, you can configure your outdoor camera to notify you of movement happening on your yard or your driveway and ignore animals passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- App: app, like ADT Control®, empower you to watch live camera feeds, move cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send up-to-date alerts when the detect something unusual taking place around your home.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your security cameras in Roanoke is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way talk, your home security system is elevated from merely a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (540) 212-9084 or submit the form below to start building your home security system today.